I am back with another March snow day update. We’re getting pummeled in the Northeast with snowy weather this month, and the kids are off for yet another day of school. *Sigh.* Lucky for us, we have a vacation in sunny Florida to look forward to.
Though the month has been long, there have been some highlights. I made it down to Cape May for a weekend. We celebrated St. Paddy’s Day with friends. The kids have had some fun playdates with lifelong buddies as well as emerging friends. We’ve had some great family time playing games. It hasn’t all been bad and frustrating and snowy (well, some of the month, at least).
I’ve been on a mission for the last few weeks to accumulate some new books for the kids’ libraries. The first grader and kindergartener are emerging readers on different levels, and I realized that I needed to infuse the bedroom libraries with books they can’t wait to read. The process has been really fun, actually, though I have invested some dollars into it. While I love the library and we use it often, having a collection of chapter books and readers on hand is also valuable.
What We’re Doing
- Playing Exploding Kittens
- Celebrating some family milestones (New baby cousin! An upcoming wedding!)
- Attending activities like piano, ballet, soccer, and Lego Club
- Watching snow fall from the sky
- Exercising (Trying to fight off the snow day calorie binges!)
What We’re Reading
- Beartown (just finished this)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (just started this)
- Owl Diaries
- Dr. KittyKat
- Captain Underpants
- Who Would Win? book series
What We’re Watching
- Coco (again and again and again)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (watching today, actually!)
- Wolf Hall
- Chloe’s American Girl Doll Channel (on YouTube)
That’s it for now. I really hope I don’t post another update that involves snow until 2019!