Last Thursday marked the official start of summer in our house. School’s out, and we’re ready to have some fun. This weekend brought many special activities, including a mother-daughter trip to New York City, a visit to the mirror maze at the Franklin Institute, a special Father’s Day lunch for Steve, swimming at the pool, and an outdoor concert. Phew! I am tired just listing those activities.
Of course we’re at the stage where any trip to NYC involves a visit to the American Girl store. Both Nora and I love it. She ended up getting her doll’s ears pierced, which was quite a thrill.
Besides this whirlwind weekend, we have many plans this summer, including:
- A big West Coast swing to visit family and see some great Pacific Northwest cities and towns
- Some trips to the beach
- Staycation visits to special museums in Philly
- Theater performances
- Fourth of July festivities in our neighborhood
- Pool time
- Free time
- Reading lots of books (including the first Harry Potter)
- Lots of time with friends!
I am very hopeful for a fun, relaxing, and engaging summer. I love spending time with my bigger kids. Now that they are home for summer, I have buddies to hang out with 24/7 — quite a change from the feeling a few years ago!