As much as I love blogging about Nora and my life as a mama, I thought it would be fun to introduce a new regular feature to my blog so I can share other things about myself. When I feel inspired, I’ll share a list of five things grouped into a theme that says something about my current interests.
So, we all know that Pandora went public yesterday. As a nine-to-fiver I am a constant user of Pandora (when I’m not listening to the playlist on my iPhone, WXPN’s stream, or AOL Radio’s Pearl Jam station). Here are my top five Pandora radio stations:
1. Regina Spektor. I heart Regina and many of the artists that resemble her. This station features other faves of mine like Kimya Dawson, Norah Jones, Adele, and other female voices.
2. Stevie Wonder. Who doesn’t need a little “Signed, Sealed, and Delivered” in their lives? This station plays Motown favorites as well as a personal favorite, Michael Jackson (at least his early 80s stuff).
3. Jason Mraz. Okay, so I am a typical girl when it comes to him. I try not to be too stereotypical in my music taste, but I can’t help myself with the fedora-wearing cutie. He also won me over with “Let’s Go Outdoors” an often-watched “Sesame Street” YouTube video.
4. Badly Drawn Boy. I’ve loved him since high school and can’t get enough. The other artists on this station are wonderfully chill. A great station to listen to all day long.
5. The Temptations. When 70s Motown is a little too contemporary (see #2), I like to listen to this station. It’s classic. It’s work friendly. Gotta love a little bit of innocent 50s and 60s music in my life.