With visions of tummy time, reading, and playing on the floor with the Baby S. on my mind, I decided to recover some floor pillows already in the house for her nursery. Though I am sure that in future years they’ll migrate to the living room for movie watching, I wanted to coordinate the pillows with her nursery.
I found cute Alexander Henry fabric to cover one of the pillows and a soft pink velour fabric for the other one. I haven’t selected a lot of pink for the nursery, so I thought these pillows was a good way to introduce that traditional girly color in the room.
These were simple to sew, taking only an hour to put them together. I used an envelope closure in the back so the slipcovers can be washed easily. I still need to sew some Velcro on the envelope, which will be simple.